What To Know When Moving Long Distance
Most often, the weeks leading up to moving day involve long days and late nights. You’re busy trying as best as you can to get everything and everyone prepared for the move while also handling your already busy everyday work and life schedule. At this rate, by the time moving day arrives, you’ll need a whole pot of coffee just to get you out of bed!
But don’t fret just yet. We at Roadway Vanlines are here to help! There are several ways you can alleviate much of that last-minute stress so that come moving day, you can focus only on the important things. Below you will find what to expect for your move and several preparation and organization tips and tricks to help your entire move go as smoothly as possible.
What can I expect for my long-distance move?
When someone first starts thinking about moving, they often envision themselves packing up and doing a long-distance, cross-country move. But soon after, the overwhelming thoughts of what this would entail may start to creep in, and, suddenly, moving to a new province or across the country seems daunting and maybe even intimidating.
So before those anxious thoughts begin to worm their way forward when you choose Atlas Canada as your moving company, here’s everything you can expect from us for your long-distance move.
Survey and Estimate
- Before the big day, one of our professional moving consultants will call you to go over any concerns you may have and to explain how our Quality Assurance Certificate protects you.
- They prepare an online estimate by doing an item-by-item survey of your belongings to create a pricing estimate and moving plan for you.
- The consultant will present you with the estimate and answer any concerns or questions you may have about it. At Roadway Vanlines, we want to make sure you can make an informed decision when choosing your moving company.
- You will also receive a transit time guide that includes the estimated pick-up and delivery date for your belongings.
If you decide to make Roadway Vanlines your designated moving company, your moving consultant will return for a follow-up appointment to go through our Quality Assurance Certificate with you. You will also receive your moving details, the transit time guide, and payment details in writing.
- Our trained packing professionals at Roadway Vanlines will ensure that all your items arrive at your new home safely.
- If you decide to pack yourself, give yourself plenty of time. We have plenty of packing tips for you if you don’t know where to start to help you use your time efficiently.
- Roadway Vanlines can provide you with durable packing materials at a reasonable cost.
- You will meet with one of Roadway Vanlines’s professional van operators. They and their crew will safely and carefully load your belongings onto the moving truck.
- Our professional movers know how to pivot, maneuver, wrap, drape and protect every item, as well as your walls, floors, stairs, handrails and doorways. Floors will be protected with runners to avoid marks or dents, and your furniture with quilted moving pads to prevent damage. If you have any light-colored furniture, it will be wrapped in clear plastic first to prevent any marks or stains.
- Your moving final cost is based on the total volume of your goods. Our onsite manager operator will update you with the final cost before we start to load the truck.
- At Roadway Vanlines, we guarantee that, as long as items were not added to your shipment after we did the online survey, the estimated volume your professional moving consultant gave you won’t exceed 10%.
- Your moving dispatch consultant will make sure that all necessary paperwork is ready to go.
- Roadway Vanlines also offers two levels of transit protection plans:
- Full Protection: Ask your moving consultant for more information, Must be purchased before pick up day.
- Basic Protection: valued at $0.60 per pound per article. offered by law to every move.
Delivery and Unpacking
- You’ll be contacted by your professional van operator about 24 hours before delivery.
- Upon arrival at your new home, our movers will place your furniture and your packed boxes with extreme care in your designated rooms/locations, including the kitchen, bedrooms, basement and garage. Our movers will also reassemble beds and unroll carpets.
After Moving Day
- You will receive a follow-up from your professional moving consultant. We want to ensure that you are satisfied with your move and settling in well. You will also receive our quality questionnaire.
At Roadway Vanlines, we aim for exceptional service throughout the entire moving process.